That’s right , covid-19 is here and been spoiling all the summer fun, like sour. Let’s fight back with the cutes idea for a Summer party at home!!! Lemon is such a cute theme, for toddlers girls or boy.
Perfect for a drive by party… Here are a few items and ideas to rock this theme. What to purchase, cake idea and diy desserts. Get ready and share with us your results, would love to see what you made.
3 DIY LEMONADE DESSERTS
by cooking classy.com
Lemon Cupcake Ingredients
For the lemon cupcakes, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Cake flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon zest and juice
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh lemon juice
- Simple syrup
And for the homemade lemon buttercream frosting, you’ll need:
- Lemon zest and juice
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon extract
How to Make Lemon Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift both flours into a mixing bowl. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt, then whisk and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together granulated sugar with lemon zest until finely ground.
- Whip together butter with lemon sugar mixture until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in egg, then mix in egg whites one at a time, adding in vanilla with second egg white.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Bake cupcakes until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Prepare the simple syrup by whisking together the lemon juice and granulated sugar. Brush mixture over warm cupcakes.
- Make the lemon buttercream frosting by whipping the butter with the lemon zest until very pale and fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar, then blend in lemon juice, cream, vanilla extract and lemon extract.
- Pipe or spread frosting over cupcakes.
6 Tbspunsalted butter, softened at room temperature
2 largeegg yolks
2/3 cfresh lemon juice
1 tspgrated lemon zest
How to Make Lemon Curd
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, about 2 min. Slowly add the eggs and yolks. Beat for 1 min. Mix in the lemon juice. The mixture will look curdled, but it will smooth out as it cooks.
In a medium, heavy-based saucepan, cook the mixture over low heat until it looks smooth. (The curdled appearance disappears as the butter in the mixture melts.) Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. (Once it was completely melted, mine thickened and reached 170º in just a few minutes, so watch it closely.) It should leave a path on the back of a spoon and will read 170°F on a thermometer. Don’t let the mixture boil.3. Remove the curd from the heat; stir in the lemon zest. Transfer the curd to a bowl. Press plastic wrap on the surface of the lemon curd to keep a skin from forming and chill the curd in the refrigerator. The curd will thicken further as it cools. Covered tightly, it will keep in the refrigerator for a week and in the freezer for 2 months.
DIY FONDANT LEMON
LEMON SLICE CAKE TOPPERS
a DIY by Miso Bakes
STEP 1: Choose a round cutter of your choice. Now choose a cutter directly one size up or down. Using the bigger of the two cutters, cut out a piece of white sugarpaste—this will be the base on which you will build upon.
STEP 2: Again, using the bigger of the two cutters cut out a piece of yellow sugarpaste. Using the smaller cutter cut the center out of the circle. Glue the yellow ring onto the edge of the base piece—this is the peel of the lemon.
STEP 3: Cut out a white circle using the smaller cutter—this is the center of the lemon.
STEP 4: Roll out a piece of yellow sugarpaste. Using a rose piping tip, gently leave imprints all over the sugarpaste—this will be the pulp.
STEP 5: Using a teardrop cutter, cut out a few holes in the white center piece. These are the cavities for the yellow lemon segments. Using the teardrop cutter, cut out segments from the yellow sugarpaste. Insert into the cavities in the white center piece. Let it sit for a few minutes.
STEP 6: Wet the center of the base and insert
5 CREATIVE LEMON CAKE