October reminds me of Halloween, since my youngest daughter is only 10 months old, so why not a cute family friendly Halloween party?
Check out these must-have items from amazon.
- Colorful, Cute & Friendly Monsters Birthday Party Invitations, 20 5″x7″ Fill in Cards with Twenty White Envelopes by AmandaCreation
- Maternity Monster Eye Ball Funny Pregnancy Tee Cute Halloween Baby Bump Tshirt (Heather Green) – 3XL
- Eurmax 6Ft Rectangular Fitted Spandex Tablecloths Wedding Party Table Covers Event Stretchable Tablecloth (Emerald Green)
- Large Rectangular Serving Platters – Set of 2 Trays, White Porcelain Ceramic Platter Sizes 15″ x 7″ and 12″ x 5″
- 2 Set of 3-Tier Cupcake Stand Fruit Plate Cakes Desserts Fruits Snack Candy Buffet Display Tower Plastic White for Wedding Home Birthday Tea Party Serving Platter Small
- VILAVITA 2-Set Modern Cake Stands Round Cake Stand Cupcake Stands for Baby Shower, Wedding Birthday Party Celebration, White
- Kreatwow Monster Cupcake Toppers – Little Monster Cupcake Picks Cake Decorations for Birthday Party Baby Shower Supplies 24 Pack
- Monster Bash – Mini Candy Bar Wrapper Stickers – Little Monster Birthday Party or Baby Shower Small Favors – 40 Count
- Monster Bash – Little Monster Birthday Party or Baby Shower Round Candy Sticker Favors – Labels Fit Hershey’s Kisses (1 Sheet of 108)
- Chocolate Candy Mold Crazy Monsters – Set of 3 for 24 Candies – Non-Stick BPA Free Silicone Gummy Molds, Jelly Molds, Ice Cube Tray, Gelatin Mold, Soap Mold, Fat Bomb Molds
Pepperidge Farm, Milano, Cookies, Double Dark Chocolate, 7.5 Ounce (Pack of 3)
DESSERT IDEAS FOR DIY
MONSTER RICE KRISPIES TREATS
I chose to use a variety of colored candy melts and ended up using about 1/3rd of each (12 ounce) bag of chocolate. If you do just one color, you’ll use just about the entire bag coating the tops of the Krispie treats. You can also use an assortment of eye candies or just one shape/size.
In case you prefer the convenience of shopping online, you can purchase the ingredients to make these by clicking the links below:
- Parchment Paper
- Candy Eyeballs (large, small, or bundle)
- Candy Melts (bright green, orange, or purple)
- Pre-made Rice Krispies Treats
- Sprinkles (green, orange, or purple)
Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Add the candy melts (if using one color, separate it into 3 parts and if using different colors, place about 1/3 of each color) into microwave safe bowl(s).
Add about 1 teaspoon shortening or vegetable oil if desired (optional, it just makes for smoother/easier application of the chocolate to the krispie treats) to each bowl of chocolate. (I use 1 teaspoon shortening to each 1/3 of chocolate candy melts)
Microwave (one bowl at a time) of candy melts in bursts of 20 seconds, stirring vigorously in between each burst for 10 seconds.
Meanwhile, upwrap the krispies treats.
Once the chocolate is smooth, dip the krispie treats in the melted chocolate and then use a spoon to help spread it over the treat. You want it to be a bit ragged to look more like a monster.
Working quickly (the melted candy melts harden fast), add candy eyeballs (however you want and whatever size you like) and if desired, colored sprinkles.
Transfer to the prepared sheet pan and allow for the chocolate to set at room temperature. These are best enjoyed the same day they are made.
GOOEY MONSTER COOKIES
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar
- food coloring I used NEON food coloring to make them more vibrant
- candy eyeballs
Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy.
Mix in cake mix. Divide batter into bowls for the amount of colors you want.
Add food coloring to each individual bowl and mix until all combined.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Roll into balls and dip in a bowl of powdered sugar.
Place on greased cookie sheet and pat down a bit.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Add candy eyeballs while cookies are still warm. ENJOY!
- 3 sticks softened butter
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heavy cream or half and half
- Food coloring
- Candy Eyes
- Devil’s Food Mix