Everything still on hold, all parties canceled. Social Distance is necessary but we can not forget to celebrate our freedom. I will do it from my sofa staring at the tv or window waiting for the fireworks, cause I am sure the will come!!!! Cause we may have to stay away but we are still free at heart!!!!
Americana 4th of July Party Banner Patriotic Party Decoration Independence Day Party Porch Sign Fourth of July Party Supplies Red White Blue Hanging Sign Decoration to be placed on each side of the dessert table
3 DIY 4Th of July Desserts
Patriotic Chocolate Covered Strawberries…
How do you make Chocolate Covered Strawberries…
- Pick ripe, but not overly ripe strawberries
- Rinse and dry the strawberries
- Lay out the wax paper
- Melt the chocolate melts in a small to medium sized bowl
- Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate until about half of the strawberry is submerged
- Lift the strawberry and let the excess chocolate drip off of the strawberry and into the bowl of melted chocolate
- Set the strawberry onto wax paper
Decorate while the strawberry quickly before the chocolate hardens
Watermelon Blueberry Sparklers
Tips for Making These Watermelon Blueberry Skewers
- Choosing the best watermelon: make sure to get a melon that is heavy for its size, has a yellow-ish circle on it (meaning it ripened in the field), and makes a hollow sound when thumped (under-ripe melons sound duller).
- Make sure to use a very stable cutting board while you cut your watermelon into ‘plates’. If your cutting board is slipping around, put a dishcloth under it.
- While I usually use a full-size watermelon for this recipe (they’re cheaper!), if you are making this recipe with kids, it might be fun to get them each their own small melon.
- This recipe works best with seedless watermelons.
- It’s easy to add other fruit to these skewers as well! Pineapple and melon both make great stars too.
Pour the white candy melts into the jelly roll pan and then drizzle the colored candy melts over the top. Here’s a picture of how I drizzled it for this pattern.
Then I used a small wooden skewer (the non-pointy end) to swirl in a figure 8 pattern.
Now just top it with your toppings (crushed oreo cookies, m&m’s, star sprinkles, and red white and blue jimmies) and refrigerate until it’s hard enough to break. That’s it!!
5 Top Fourth of July Cakes